Work as a community nurse in Ireland
Community Nurse Jobs Across Dublin and Ireland
Community Nurse Job Description
Working as a community nurse, you will be involved in caring for patients in a variety of settings, ranging from clinics to healthcare centres or even residential accommodation. Community nurses often care for the elderly, disabled or vulnerable patients and may work with children as a paediatric community nurse. There is a wide range of temporary and permanent roles available with Bowler Recruitment.
Being a community nurse
As a community nurse, you would be an excellent communicator, compassionate and respectful towards the unique needs of each patient.
Your daily duties would include the following responsibilities:
- Basic care such as checking temperature, blood pressure and breathing
- Coordinating the delivery of treatments and injections, as prescribed
- Supporting physicians with medical examinations
- Cleaning and dressing wounds
- Monitoring ongoing care
- Developing personalised care plans by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient’s condition, in compliance with best practice guidelines
- Supporting patients by providing appropriate education to the patient and their families, regarding clinical information and their condition, to ensure effective understanding
- Adhering to the NMBI professional Code of Conduct
The industry standard for community nurses ranges from 38K € to 48K € and will increase based on your number of years of experience in the field. With competitive pay rates, Bowler Recruitment will likely be able to push your salary beyond the “going rate”.
To work as a community nurse in Ireland, you will be a registered nurse with the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or entitled to be so registered. Furthermore, you will have undergone specialist training in order to hone in on the skills required in community nursing.
Community nursing skills
As a community nurse, you will:
- Be an enthusiastic and active key player within your team and department
- Promote positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with your patients and their families, through excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening
- Maintain organised and accurate nursing records/reports
- Demonstrate flexibility to ensure nursing resource needs are met
- Provide the highest quality of care, in an ethical manner, ensuring the patient's dignity and that their needs are met
- Present a calm and patient nature, even in stressful and high-pressure situations
- Display quick-thinking abilities to assess and prioritise patient requirements
- Be motivated to progress your skills further and participate in personal development opportunities
- Be competent at using a computer
- Exhibit outstanding time management skills
- Be able to work off your own initiative
- Display high attention to detail
- Adhere to all local policies and procedures
Where can you go with community nursing?
As a community nurse, your specialist skills are highly desirable, enabling you to progress into a number of different roles. You can become a community nurse who specialises in the following sectors: Geriatric care; Learning Disability nursing, Paediatric nursing and many more.
With experience, you may want to progress into roles with more responsibility, such as a senior leadership or managerial role, or you may want to become a highly-skilled community nurse consultant. Some community nurses go on to be involved in research, publishing their findings and knowledge acquired after years of experience. Community nursing is a great career path that makes for a bright future.
How can you progress in your career?
New job opportunities arise on a daily basis, so if you are open to a career in community nursing, take a look through our job posts page on our website or get in touch directly.
Bowler Recruitment will not only ensure the right job fit for you but will also advise and support you in your unique challenges, as well as your long-term development.
Moving to Ireland
We have successfully placed domestic and international community nurse candidates with clients in Ireland. If you are interested in relocating to Ireland for a community nursing role, please get in touch with Bowler Recruitment.
Join our team
We're always looking for passionate, experienced recruiters to join us.
As a high-growth and dynamic start-up, we offer unrivalled opportunities to influence the business as we scale.
Send us your CV today to see where Bowler Recruitment could take your career.