Work as an emergency nurse in Ireland
Emergency Nurse Jobs Across Dublin and Ireland
Emergency Nurse Job Description
Working as an emergency nurse, you will be caring for critically-ill patients who urgently need treatment in order to stabilise their condition and limit their suffering. Emergency nursing is a specialist role that requires in-depth training, over and above being a registered nurse. There is a wide range of temporary and permanent roles available with Bowler Recruitment.
Being an emergency nurse
As an emergency nurse, you would be detail-orientated, highly organised and present a calm and patient nature, even in stressful and high-pressure situations.
Your daily duties would include the following responsibilities:
- Being directly involved in emergency admissions
- Triage new patients based on their condition and level of care needed
- Record patient observations, such as blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level
- Draw blood and fit a canula
- Perform tracheotomies and intubations
- Support with patient resuscitation
- Administer drugs and intravenous lines as per the physicians requirements
- Support with the transfer of stable patients
- Adhering to the NMBI professional Code of Conduct
It is crucial that emergency nurses present quick-thinking abilities in order to assess and prioritise patient requirements, as well as collaborate with various medial specialists and departments.
The industry standard for emergency nurses ranges from 38K € to 48K € and will increase based on your number of years of experience in the field. With competitive pay rates, Bowler Recruitment will likely be able to push your salary beyond the “going rate”.
To work as a theatre nurse in Ireland, you will be a registered nurse with the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or entitled to be so registered. Furthermore, you will have undergone specialist training in order to hone in on the skills required within the emergency nursing sector.
As an emergency nurse, you will:
- Be an enthusiastic and active key player within your team and department
- Promote positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with your patients and their families, through excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening
- Maintain organised and accurate nursing records/reports
- Demonstrate flexibility to ensure nursing resource needs are met
- Provide the highest quality of care, in an ethical manner, ensuring the patient's dignity and that their needs are met
- Present a calm and patient nature, even in stressful and high-pressure situations
- Display quick-thinking abilities to assess and prioritise patient requirements
- Be motivated to progress your skills further and participate in personal development opportunities
- Be competent at using a computer
- Exhibit outstanding time management skills
- Be able to work off your own initiative
- Display high attention to detail
- Adhere to all local policies and procedures
Where can you go with emergency nursing?
As an emergency nurse, your specialist skills are highly desirable, enabling you to progress into a number of different roles. You can become an emergency nurse who specialises in the triage, trauma, transport or paediatrics sector.
With experience, you may want to progress into roles with more responsibility, such as a senior leadership or managerial role, or you may want to become a highly skilled nurse consultant. Some emergency nurses go on to be involved in research, publishing their findings and knowledge acquired after years of experience. Emergency nursing is a great career path that makes for a bright future.
How can you progress in your career?
New job opportunities arise on a daily basis, so if you are open to a career in emergency nursing, take a look through our job posts page on our website or get in touch directly.
Bowler Recruitment will not only ensure the right job-fit for you, but will also advise and support you in your unique challenges, as well as your long-term development.
Moving to Ireland as an emergency nurse
We have successfully placed domestic and international emergency nurse candidates with clients in Ireland. If you are interested in relocating to Ireland for a theatre nursing role, please get in touch with Bowler Recruitment.
Join our team
We're always looking for passionate, experienced recruiters to join us.
As a high-growth and dynamic start-up, we offer unrivalled opportunities to influence the business as we scale.
Send us your CV today to see where Bowler Recruitment could take your career.